Set at the very beginning of the procedure, cattle primary processing is the most important step. Correct animal handling, well-trained slaughterers and modern machinery play a key role in this stage of beef production that involves stunning and dehiding among other things. In order to succeed, you need the right partners by your side.
Cattle Abattoir Equipment
For state-of-the-art cattle abattoir equipment and efficient cattle slaughter lines, from proper live animal handling to final product packing and dispatching, Hatziioakimidis is your go-to choice.
Well-trained slaughterers, modern machinery, and efficient processes are key factors for successful meat production today. Do you need an expert associate that can help you with all 3? Trust Hatziioakimidis for cattle slaughter equipment that will stand out.
Highly trained engineers, software engineers, electricians and experienced slaughterers come together to create modern and smart beef slaughter equipment to match your every need. Our vast experience in cattle slaughterhouse processes in addition to our expertise and know-how, make our products the ideal solution.
Our team will design an efficient primary processing slaughter line with key factors in mind like:
- Animal welfare
- Cost efficiency
- Meat Quality
Minimize your production cost without reducing quality.
Hatziioakimidis will deliver an innovative cow slaughter machine and a sustainable slaughter line that will transform the way you think about raw material utilization and energy efficiency.
Our cattle slaughter line capacity varies from 15 to 120 cattle per hour and is designed in such a way that eliminates human error.
The process in a beef slaughterhouse typically involves several steps:
- Arrival and Rest: Cattle are brought to the facility, unloaded from trucks or trailers, and given a period of rest to acclimate to their new surroundings.
- Killing or stunning: We provide solutions according to the halal and kosher slaughtering or the stunning process of cattle. The choise of the suitable slaughtering tool depends on the local specification which need to be followed. There are several options of doing the halal and kosher slaughtering process like the halal slaughter box, the According to the slaughtering capacity, we recommend the use of the relative abattoir machine in order to fulfil the killing process local specifications.We. Before slaughter, most cattle are rendered unconscious through stunning techniques to minimize pain and distress. Common stunning methods include captive bolt stunning (using a device that fires a bolt into the animal's brain), electrical stunning in a cow slaughter machine, or stunning using carbon dioxide gas. Halal slaughter box or halal restraining box, is a device used in halal slaughterhouses to restrain the animal and align it for a halal slaughter according to Islamic dietary laws.
- Bleeding: Once the animal is killed, it is hung upside down by its rear leg on to the cattle slaughter line and immediately starts the process of bleeding. This step is intended to drain the blood from the body.
- Pre-skinning and skiing process of cattle: The slaughterer starts the preskinning process by the rear legs and continues to the belly of the cow. Then the worker uses the skinning machine for the fully removal of the skin. The type of the skinning machine of cattle depends on the capacity of the slaughter line.
- Evisceration: After the skinning process, the animal is moved to the evisceration area. Here, the white and red offal are removed from the carcass.
- Splitting of cattle and meat process: After the evisceration, the carcass is typically divided into primal cuts (large sections of meat) or smaller retail cuts, depending on the specific requirements of the facility and market demand. This may involve additional trimming, deboning, and packaging of the meat.
- Inspection and Quality Control: Throughout the process, veterinarians and inspectors from relevant regulatory agencies oversee the operations to ensure compliance with food safety and animal welfare standards. They conduct inspections to detect any signs of disease, contamination, or violations of regulations.
Cattle secondary processing is a matter of final product quality and high yields.
The aim is to increase profitability by utilizing recourses and products in the best and most efficient way possible. Traceability is also an important part of the process, crucial to food safety and quality standards.
When it comes to secondary processing, a partner with a keen eye for high yields, maximum product utilization, traceability and food safety should be a top priority.